Follow Me! Put your email address here:

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Minimal Sewing Project: Scarves (and Best YouTube Vid Ev)


Here's another idea gleaned from Simple Modern Sewing by Shufu To Seikatsu Sha--whip up a simple scarf from a small square of fabric.  You really only need a quarter of a yard so use up leftovers or, be like me, and buy small amounts of fabric just for this purpose.

I typically go for wool (top-left and bottom pics) or double-sided cotton (middle-right) as it's super easy to put a single stitch along the cut sides and let the edges fray.  If you use the full width of the fabric, the selvage can be kept at the ends--no stitching needed on those sides.  
If you're more proficient with rolled hems and whatnot, this would also work great with softer fabrics like silk and so on.  Something for me to aspire to. . . . 

Okay, so tucked in randomly (thanks for reading this far) is my gift to you!  A link to 25 Ways to Wear a Scarf by Wendy's Lookbook.  Best YouTube video ever, in my humble opinion.

And, here's date night at Bar Agricole.  Yummy food and cocktails marred only by not-so-super service. I wear this scarf every chance I get.

1 comment:

  1. I love the YouTube scarf video! I always think it looks nice when I see other people wear scarves, but I'm never sure how to tie them. It will be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete